the weight of clay



It's February already.  How did that happen?



Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen.
                                                  ~John Steinbeck

          


At the beginning of January, I struggled with making some Valentine pieces for a gallery. They wanted some small gift items.  I tried, but I wasn't in the mind set to do it. It was too last minute and I could not give it thought. I could not give it care.  Because of that, I avoided getting any work done.  I began to feel anxious and out of sorts. I even stopped dreaming. Any ideas I may have had disappeared. This was not a good feeling. I put the clay hearts aside and listened to my own heart.  And this is what it said.......

 









...and a weight was lifted from my heart....





Comments

  1. I'm like you I can't force myself to do something I don't have my heart in, it is so frustrating. I like how here hands are larger than life, lots of creativity in them. White Rabbit to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment, Linda. Happy February!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts