simple clay boxes made with dreams

There are people who put their dreams in a little box and say, 
"Yes, I've got dreams, of course I've got dreams." 
Then they put the box away and bring it out once in awhile to look in it, and yep, they're still there. 
 Erma Bombeck

Dreams are funny things
I need my dreams 
 every last one of them
working or not
they need not all come true
it is enough for me to know they are there
waiting
in their boxes
 
some of my dreams are
dark humored
 wild and ruthless
with heavy doses of passion and adventure
rolled up
savored only
in the
silent morning heat

simmering
always simmering
a lot of work, they are


Go out and live your dreams! someone shouts
 okay
but can I ask

Do forgotten dreams cease to exist or linger in some sort of limbo?

should I believe 

dreams are unclaimed possibilities

scraping, forming
remaking, rehashing
a lot of work, they are

  
(too precious to throw out with the bath water)

and finally 
may I ask

A r e  w i s h e s  t h e  e x h a l e  b r e a t h  o f  d r e a m s ?

questions
so many questions
a lot of work, they are


Comments

  1. Hello Charlene, I really enjoyed reading this post..the words are very beautiful, as are your boxes. There is something very special about lidded containers, especially ceramic ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mark. Yes, ceramic lidded containers are very special. They can hold so many things, from charming to mundane. Or nothing at all. Still we can't help but lift the lid to sneak a peek inside!

      Delete
  2. I like the way the lid fits inside of the box rather than the outside and there is another of those precious nests. Made me think a dream box needs a small hole so the dreams can slowly flow out and be realized, be manifested, be lived. A lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Linda---What a wonderful way to put it---"be realized, be manifested, be lived." What a lovely and poetic comment! Thank you, Linda-you made me smile!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts